Before each class begins, I usually have a small handful of students approach me in a kindly voice saying something like, "Excuse me Mrs. Terry but I have a note from one of your students in this class." Here are some samples I've received:
Dear Mrs. Terry, I feel really bad today and I have been in my bed for a whole day. I seriously want to be (in) your class and enjoy your funny story. But I'm really so weak these days. So, I want to have a rest from your class. Thank you.
Your sincere,
Kobe
Dear Mrs. Terry, I'm Jack. I'm very sorry but I have an important meeting to attend, so I am afraid I cant be here this time. Please forgive my impoliteness.
Thank you very much.
Allen
Dear Terry, I'm sorry but I can't attend your class this afternoon because my class will have an important meeting this afternoon. In the meeting, it will decide who can get the award based on the performance in last semester. I'm very grateful for your kindness. Yours,
Jane
And a paragraph from this student's life story reveals that not everyone absent has a legitimate reason. (Notice this student chose the English name of Allen for his English classes.)"As I became taller, I was absorbed in basketball. I like watching NBA, sometimes I even miss my lessons (classes) on purpose in order to watch the show of Allen Iverson who I admire a lot. Iverson is a real man, he never say die and always does what he can to help his team, though he lacks a ring of champion, he is a hero deep in my heart and I will support him forever." Allen








1 comment:
in fact , every student who is going to ask for a leave should have a formally note which is signed by our faculty adviser , and obviously they haven't got one
Post a Comment