
Chinese babies do not wear diapers and their pants have no material in the crotch so parents/grandparents can more easily potty train them. (The term "potty train" is used very loosely here, for there's usually no potty involved. Babies and toddlers just do their thing on the sidewalk, near a tree, or wherever.) One mother told me they start ths training when a baby is only a few months old. Everywhere you go, you see babies' naked bums. For me, it's a mix between cute and slightly alarming. Perhaps I'll get used to it. In the meantime, I try to imagine how good this practice is considering all the landfills full of dirty, disposable diapers that we have in America.








4 comments:
The crotchless pants are brilliant. I wish we had this custom her in the USA.
I take it nobody has carpet in their house?
A cute and tasteful photo to portray the custom.
That WOULD take some getting used to for most Americans but they must save alot of money from not having to buy diapers, plus they are saving the environment from disposable diapers which take forever to disintegrate. Cool!
Post a Comment