Wednesday, May 13, 2009

G-U-I-L-T-Y! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!

Our main speaking activity in class this week has been an absolute hoot. These kids get so easily engaged in the lessons, but "heavily engaged" could hardly describe their intensity during this week's activity. Here's what we did: I announced to the class that the Bank of China near our campus was held up last weekend and to my horror and surprise, the four suspects are FROM OUR CLASS! However, the suspects say they're innocent, claiming they were together at a restaurant at the time of the robbery. Then I call out the names of the four suspects I've chosen and order them to leave the room. The rest of the class then divides into "interrogation" groups and are to question each suspect individually to determine if their alibi has any holes in it. In the meantime, I instruct the suspects out in the hall to put their alibi together, anticipating every detail their interrogators may ask them, making sure all their details match, since they'll be interrogated seperately.
Once the suspects started getting interrogated by their classmates, you could almost see the roof raise. They REALLY got into the spirit of the thing. It was so fun to watch and rewarding to see all the English flying with such furor throughout the classroom.



LAUGHING SO HARD WHEN THE SUSPECT GIVES A PATHETIC ANSWER

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you hit on a winner of a class activity!

Ginger said...

excellent! next you must introduce "mafia"...

Ginger said...

testing one, two, three... can you hear me??