Monday, June 8, 2009

Bikes bikes bikes







China has continued to block all blogs, so since I can't access ours, I'm not sure what all I've written about bikes in the past. But I'm fascinated by their use here. How I wish I had my camera in hand this morning during our taxi drive to church, when we whipped past a mother biking with her son standing up on the bike rack behind her, holding onto her head for support. I see that horrific sight a couple times a week. Included here is a shot of the bikes parked at the entrance of our university and a portable bike repair shop set up on a street corner. And I'm always fascinated by the family that's crunched together on one bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I was a kid and had to ride on the crossbar or handlebars while the other kid in the house pedaled us to school. I did not like that at all. Very uncomfortable and scary. The lady's daughter, however, doesn't seem to be minding it.