Friday, May 28, 2010

What to do about a broken tooth in China??



So a week or so ago Linda and I were watching a flick and I was chomping on some partially popped popcorn.... you guessed it. Now what to do with a broken molar?



Upon recommendation from BYU teachers here in Xi'an, I made my way to the Fourth Military Hospital, Xi'an ( http://en.fmmu.edu.cn/affiliated_hospitals/fsyyej.jsp?urltype=tree.TreeTempUrl&wbtreeid=2509), check it out..

I decided to walk from our apartment (almost 7 miles) so arrived a bit hot and sweaty.




With the help of Dr. Fang (no joke) as my translator, I had an "overlay" rather than a "crown". It could have been a composite, gold or silver.

Silver was the best buy for the money so that's what I ended up with.








The work was done very professionally and... painlessly, all for about $110.


Thank you Dr. Fang, Dr. Xiong and Miss Chang!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to think about the amount of money our family has spent on dental bills in the past five years. Maybe we should make an annual trip to China...

Unknown said...

Sweet! I love doctors with crazy appropriate names. I also like that bill.