Leaving the home was not too painful.
Nanette Coombs (Filipino lady we have home taught for eight years) came over with some banana bread early Friday am. as we were madly scrambling to get last-minute things packed, vacuuming etc. to catch the 9 a.m. airport shuttle. she offered to help, of course I refused, but she kept persisting and picked up a broom and started sweeping the garage. The next thing I knew she had vaccuumed the garage and the whole house. What a blessing she was! She is such a giving person as you are well aware. As we finally parted she seemed happy, much more so than when she left us on Sunday. She truly understands the blessings of the gift of service.
The next day at the Provo temple, for the first time, I shed some tears as I thought about my posterity. How marvelous you are to us. You are all so precious (that's a word grandma would always use but it fits so I will use it as well!)
This morning (Sunday) I wondered and rather doubted if any sacred music would be playing in our house as it has every Sunday the past 32 years. I think the old house will miss that.








No comments:
Post a Comment