Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HOT POT



The University's English Department hosted a new semester hot pot kick-off banquet for all English teachers. (All seen in background are also English teachers.) Notice each of us have a little hot pot that we cook raw food in. Dave and I focused a lot on the thin beef slices and avoided the rooster gizzards (far left on lettuce) and plate of fungi (center dish with purple flower). However, Alec (second from left in second photo)a fellow native-speaking English teacher, is admirably adventurous. He's described to me the sensation of eating fish eyes and other Chinese delicacies I prefer to avoid. I am content to live the China cuisine experience through Alec's descriptions.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcreagh said...

Your banquet foods reminded me of when Allison was in China and longed for fresh fruit. When she saw some had arrived she was so upset when they BOILED it with fish parts for soup. yuk! You are smart to be selective.
Did your luggage finally arrive?

Patty