
BEND IN THE YANGTZE RIVER WHERE ITS' FLOW CHANGES FROM SOUTH TO NORTH

A national holiday is almost here: China's Tomb-Sweeping Day and there's no school. So Dave and I are headed for a Yangtze River cruise which includes a tour of the world's largest hydrolica power plant at 3 Gorges Dam. Dave will be in hog heaven being that close to the power plant. Once an electrical engineer, always an electrical engineer. Although he's been retired for over two years, he still has to stop and gaze at China's interesting majorly-coiled lines wrapped around their power poles. I think one of his happiest days was last month when our apartment building lost power. He stood outside watching a little fix-it crew arrive on bikes with their shovels over their shoulders and start digging down into the lines to find the problem. He loved supervising the project and in some ways, I think he misses the old days of Pacific Northwest power outages from wind and snow storms.








1 comment:
That photo of the island in the middle of the river is lovely!
Post a Comment