Monday, April 6, 2009

A MIGHTY PRETTY SPOT ON GOD'S GOOD EARTH





I hardly know where to begin to describe our three days break from school spent boating down the world's third largest river; the Yangtze. It was stupendously gorgous. And when we got to the end of our river cruise, we met up with the world's largest dam. Gosh I loved this trip. And I'm not a cruisey-type person, but this was just a great three days I want to repeat again next year. (Some of these pictures were not taken by us.)



DAVE HELPS PUSH OUR SMALLER BOAT ALONG THROUGH ONE OF THE YANGTZE'S TRIBUTARIES



GOING THROUGH THE FIVE LOCKS TO LOWER OUR SHIP AND GET IT PAST THE DAM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you had a nice little break. Was that really Dave pushing the boat, and if so, what was he wearing?

Brits said...

Wow that's beautiful!

larene said...

awesome!
was dad trying to fly? nice wings.

Ginger said...

a well-deserved break! soooo pretty!